BOOK SPOTLIGHT TOUR: Don't Write A Crappy Book! 17 Mistakes That Will Kill Your Business Book (And How Savvy Authorpreneurs Avoid Them) by James M. Ranson
Join us for this tour from Oct 8 to 31, 2018!
Book Title: Don't Write a Crappy Book by James M. Ranson
Category: Adult Non- Fiction, 210 pages
Genre: Business, Authorpreneurship
Publisher: Master Wordsmith Media, in association with Thanet House Books
Release date: Oct 1, 2018
Tour dates: Oct 8 to 31, 2018
Content Rating: PG for occasional mild swearing (hell and damn, mostly, one instance of "shitty")
A great book can launch your business into the stratosphere. Unfortunately, most self-published business books rank somewhere between “meh” and “flaming pile of crap.” But your book doesn’t have to suck!
In “Don’t Write a Crappy Book,” editor and entrepreneur James Ranson unpacks the most common–and toxic–mistakes that first-time nonfiction authors make. Peppered with wisdom from a panel of industry experts, this book debunks the dangerous myths that can torpedo your text and offers clear, practical guidance for writing a book you’re proud of. This is the resource for the aspiring authorpreneur who wants to write and publish a book with minimum hassle and maximum results.
This book will teach you:
- How a self-published book can make or break your business (and the THREE factors that determine which it does)
- The biggest blind spots no one tells authors about (and how to look for them BEFORE it's too late)
- How to write a first book that will get positive reviews on Amazon (and why that’s a better goal than becoming a bestseller)
- When writing a business book is the right move for you (and when you should NEVER write one)
- How to self-publish on Amazon to actually get good results for your business (a lot of it happens before you even start writing!)
- What NOT to do when you’re looking for an editor (and how to find a great one)
- Why trying to write and publish a book in 90 days or less is a recipe for disaster (and why no one tells you that!)
- How to avoid do-overs, sunk costs, and other self-publishing headaches (and how to get out of them if they sneak up on you)
Stay out of the crap pile! Discover the secrets to creating a highly valuable book that will expand your influence and grow your business for years to come.
Meet the Author:
James Ranson, The Master Wordsmith(TM), is a Wall-Street-Journal-bestselling editor, ghostwriter and book coach who has helped over 200 consultants, coaches, speakers and other thought leaders create high-quality books. Clients of his have gone on to sell thousands of books, receive book deals from publishing houses, and be featured in regional and national media outlets. In addition to his own clients, James is a writer and book doctor for Thanet House Books, and is on recommended professional lists for Scribe Media (formerly Book in a Box), My Word Publishing, BrightFlame Books and Authors Unite. His second book, Don’t Write A Crappy Book!, will be published on October 1, 2018. A graduate of Carnegie Mellon University, James lives in Atlanta, GA, with his fiancée and a very needy cat.
Connect with the Author: Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook
BOOK SPOTLIGHT TOUR:
Oct 8 - TFaulc Book Reviews - book spotlight / author interview / giveaway
Oct 9 - Declarations of a Fangirl - book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Oct 10 - Write Tribe - book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Oct 11 - 100 Pages A Day - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 15 - Library of Clean Reads - book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Oct 15 - Writers and Authors - guest post / giveaway
Oct 16 - A Mama's Corner of the World - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 17 - Cheryl's Book Nook - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 17 - Writers and Authors - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 18 - StoreyBook Reviews - book spotlight / author interview / giveaway
Oct 19 - Bound 2 Escape - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 22 - #redhead.with.book - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 22 - The Phantom Paragrapher - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 24 - Jaquo Lifestyle Magazine - book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Oct 25 - Corinne Rodrigues - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 25 - The Avid Reader - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 29 - Locks, Hooks and Books - book spotlight / author interview / giveaway
Oct 29 - Celticlady's Reviews - book spotlight / author interview / giveaway
Oct 30 - Svetlana's Reads and Views - book spotlight / giveaway
Oct 30 - Rockin' Book Reviews - book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Oct 30 - Maiden of the Pages - book spotlight / guest post / giveaway
Oct 31 - Books for Books - book spotlight
TBD - Writers N Authors - book spotlight / giveaway
Enter the Giveaway!
Ends Nov 7, 2018
* Acorn Book Services/iRead Book Tours is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Currently on Tour:
Lauren Carr's iReads book tour is amazing! She gets real results. Not only did I get thousands of new eyes on my series, but I grew my following on all social media channels as well. Lauren has a dedicated group of reviewers and bloggers who are competent and reliable - no more wasted ARCs mailed out with no results.
© 2014-2019 iRead Book Tours