What Counts Most is How You Finish is a book of short essays that shares ideas for addressing life's challenges. The book (which uses experiences from the author's life and the lives of others) is written with two ideas in mind:
• Each person has to find his or her own way in life
• We can learn worthwhile things from each other
To make it easier to find an essay that can help the reader address life situations in real time, What Counts Most is How You Finish is divided into seven topic areas: Being You, Taking Care of You, Dealing with People, Overcoming Challenges, Staying Focused, Achieving Success and Making a Difference.
While the primary audience for What Counts Most is How You Finish is people between the ages of 16-25, the book has received positive feedback from many older than that who say it’s a good reminder for them.
Meet the author:
Shelia Payton is an entrepreneur, former newspaper reporter, corporate manager and educator who spent all of her early life and much of her career in a time when people of color and women in this country were pushing for greater inclusion at all levels of society, and seeking greater opportunities to live life to the fullest. Like others in her generation, Shelia had to face and overcome barriers to entering and succeeding in non-traditional jobs, and create a place in civic and leadership settings. Also like others in her generation, Shelia’s motivation has not just been about what she can accomplish for herself, but also how she can open up opportunities for future generations. Shelia’s current focus is on creating books, plays and music that build human connections by breaking down barriers and stereotypes.
Book Tour Schedule
Aug 18 - One Frugal Girl - review
Aug 18 - Being Tilly's Mummy - book spotlight
Aug 19 - Pinky's Favorite Reads - book spotlight / author interview
Aug 20 - A Book Lover's Retreat - book spotlight
Aug 20 - Griperang's Bookmarks - review / guest post
Aug 22 - Heart of a Philanthropist - review / author interview
Aug 24 - Deal Sharing Aunt - review / author interview
Aug 25 - Library of Clean Reads - review
Aug 25 - Savings in Seconds - review
Aug 26 - Svetlana's Reads and Views - review
Aug 26 - Like a Bump on a Blog - book spotlight / excerpt
Aug 27 - Reading Authors - review
Aug 27 - 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, &. Sissy, Too! - review
Aug 28 - Rockin' Book Reviews - review / author interview
Aug 28 - View from the Birdhouse - book spotlight / author interview
Aug 29 - Kincavel Korner - book spotlight
Aug 29 - Book Blast Central - book spotlight
Sept 28 - View from the Birdhouse - review
World's Best Story: Rewarding readers and book bloggers for telling the world they found a great story!
iRead is really excited to tell you about an innovative new contest platform for both readers and writers. We are now a proud sponsor for World's Best Story!
Okay, so why is iRead excited about World's Best Story? Because we work with both writers and readers and we have seen how powerful book bloggers are in telling the world about a great story. More and more authors and writers are discovering the power of readers. Books are written for the reader audience, so why not have a say in telling others we think a writer's story has blockbuster potential?
In view of this, iRead has put into place an exclusive offer for tour hosts who will help us spread the word.
But first let me tell you more about World's Best Story.
World's Best Story was launched at BookExpo America on May 28. It's the first social contest to reward readers and writers with exclusive partner prizes. So what does this mean for you?
If you are a writer:
1. Submit your story. Entering is free and the entry period ends Aug 12.
2. Prizes include publishing contracts, celebrity master classes, trademark and IP protection, book tours, big box retail distribution, PR and marketing support and more!
3. Top ten finalists and grand prize winner will be announced at the Toronto International Book Fair on November 15, 2014.
If you are a reader:
1. You get the chance to be the judge, discover new stories and win great prizes.
2. When you sign up to become a member, you automatically get $10 to spend at Beyond the Rack. Signing up is easy, requiring only your name and email.
3. When you rate and vote you'll get a chance to win cool prizes, and the grand prize package includes $2000 shopping spree at Beyond the Rack!
For iRead Tour Hosts:
We would love for you to help us spread the word! We are certain there are writers among your audience of readers that could benefit from knowing about this contest. Therefore, iRead will add to your incentive program if you:
1. Sign up as a member of World's Best Story and add the WBS logo to your blog.
2. Write up a post about World's Best Story and send me the link. And if you write the post you can enter to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!
Tell your readers on all your social networks. iRead and WBS thank you for your support of literacy and reading. You guys rock!
* Acorn Book Services/iRead Book Tours is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Not only does Lauren do a fantastic job of organizing the tour and communicating with you at every step of the way, but I found the tour hosts that signed up for her tour to be of a higher caliber. The reviews that I got on this tour were thoughtful and well-written and I noticed an uptick in sales during this tour. I also appreciated the fact that many of her tour hosts that wrote reviews posted them on multiple sites, not just on their blog or Instagram account. This is invaluable to an author. I highly recommend Lauren and iReads Book Tours. - Allyson Rice, author of The Key to Circus-Mom Highway
Lauren Carr's iReads Book Tour is amazing! She gets real results. Not only did I get thousands of new eyes on my series, but I grew my following on all social media channels as well. Lauren has a dedicated group of reviewers and bloggers who are competent and reliable - no more wasted ARCs mailed out with no results.
- Michelle Cox, author of the Henrietta and Inspector Howard Novels
© 2014-2019 iRead Book Tours